Monday, January 10, 2011

Job

Coffee Bean schmoffee bin... Told my friends that I was going to apply for a job at coffee bean as a barrister and they advised me against it. Severely underpaid was the common term exchanged between our conversation. Since then, I've applied for several other jobs already. I've just received a call for an interview today at 130pm, and was told that if I pass the interview, I'd be able to start work immediately! $9/hr was what she told me. Awesome :) 


So I'll be back later to post an update on the outcome of the interview. I'm pretty excited, seeing that this is my first official job interview. I hope my nerves don't get the better of me! 

--- Back from interview ---

It's 9pm now, and I'm home from the interviews today, and just had dinner with the family. The interview was interesting, but sort of a waste of time. There were 2 interviews, one with BGC (the recruitment company) and the other with Starhub at Tai Seng. My consultant at BGC was 45 minutes late for our interview. The interviewer at Starhub was 40 minutes late as well. On the overall, I'm confused. Initially I thought I'd secured the job for sure. But after the interview, I really think I don't have a 90% chance of being employed there. In fact, I'm having second thoughts right now. Everyone there are corporate animals in a huge corporate jungle in ultra-urban Singapore. I don't like it. Not a little bit... But I can't be picky, can I? The pay's great, but does it justify the stress level? People abuse people verbally everyday, all over the world. It's like operators at customer service are punching bags, not humans.

~nang

No comments:

Post a Comment