Saturday, January 8, 2011

Changed blog!

I've decided to change my blogging website to blogger.com after using livejournal and facing so much clutter and boredom.

Anyway a few things have changed since last week. One of my dad's workers got cheated of quite a sum of money, and the impact on his company is forceful. So much so that my it has pushed his company into loss-overdrive. According to the lunar calender, the year 2010 has been a terrible year for him and his company, having encountered many frauds. I really hope things will turn out for the better for him in this coming year...
Today I've also decided that I'm going to apply for a job as a barrister at Coffee Bean. I ran into a banner displayed at Illuma's Coffee Bean that said that they were hiring. After some thought and discussion with Mei, I've decided to give it a shot. I'm looking forward to flexible hours, or at least a 3 day work week so that I can still have my own time to live life slowly before the start of the University semester. Since I'm going to hold my plans to travel parts of the world because of the bad news at my dad's company, I guess working would be the logical progression. (I intended to borrow money from my parents, not take, to do some solo travelling). 
Opening that business that I have in mind (after refining it more) would require some start-up money as well. Even though Coffee Bean probably ain't going to pay me even close to enough...

My friends are leaving Singapore for the overseas exchange as part of NUS' exchange program. One's going to Sweden's Lund University, and the other to one in Milan (unsure of its name) - I hope I'll be able to qualify (academically and monetarily) for an exchange when my opportunity comes! 6 months overseas will probably help me grow into a person with a wider perspective.

I 'broke up' with my first student yesterday over the phone. To be accurate, I called her mother to tell her that I won't be able to continue teaching her anymore. It wasn't easy, but I had to do it. Teaching wasn't my cup of tea you could say, and I was frankly worried about being a burden to her education. I always believed that confidence is very important in what a person does, especially if that task affects other people. Kudos to all teachers, including my buddy Keegs!

Made up my mind about working at CB. No more procrastination!
~nang

No comments:

Post a Comment