Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Job search continues...

Yes, that's right. Spent the entire day applying for jobs online. Sending emails until I have no idea who's who when they start giving me calls to discuss details.

Been mostly applying to 'admin officer' job positions; definitely staying away from the whole Customer Service scene without a doubt. I cannot begin to imagine just how horrible my life would have been if I took up the call center job. I'd have easily 100 swear words shouted into my ears everyday just to earn that extra $2/hr from other normal jobs.

It's quite a chore to find a job that suits you, so I've realized. Also, it's amazing just how much searching for jobs makes you think about yourself. I keep wondering if I was the problem in most of the job applications. Am I being too picky? Am I being to egoistical? Do I have too much pride to work as a lowly receptionist? (for the record, I did apply for jobs as receptionists) I hope I'm not. Anyway, enough of boring content in this blog. Here's a really interesting job position that I found on st701 (online jobs database):


Yup. Tattoos and piercings encouraged. I think this corrupts the minds of the young and naive... They'd start thinking that tattoos and piercings actually have positive impacts on people's lives; instead of seeing them as either terrible taste in art or a dumb way of getting unnecessary infections.


Moving on. I'm going to Jurong Point later to have dinner with my family and also to stock up on the groceries. What's exciting is that I'm going to buy the ingredients required to bake the 'ultimate brownies' according to an online recipe from http://baking.about.com/od/brownies/r/ultimate.htm that I found today. The reviews - adding up to 70 or so of them - have been great and I can't wait to try it out for myself! I'll be baking with mei of course. I can already smell the fragrance of molten chocolate with a hint of butter in the air!~


--- Still waiting for that call to offer a $8/hr job! ---

~nang

2 comments:

  1. Your résumé is the first step in the process of a strategic career move. The résumé is an essential piece to all types of job searching approaches, as well as playing a crucial role through the interview and selection processes.

    One of the most useful techniques for constructing your résumé is to focus it on a specific target job, and then go through and deconstruct the deliverables of that job from other related job postings. Accomplishing this successfully will generate a résumé that not only opens doors toward future career success, but assists you in preparation for the interview process.



    job tips

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jazzie!

    First of all, I'm surprised anyone actually reads my blog. I write posts to myself like a journal so I was a little shocked to find out that someone has replied to one of my posts. But thank you for replying. :)

    I agree what you mentioned, that a resume is the first step in the process of a career move. The key here is 'career'. I'm applying for a job that I'll be taking up for a few months before I enrol into a university, so I didn't go the farther step to deconstruct my resume to fit it to the specific job I was applying for.
    I just didn't feel that there was a need to, you know? :)

    ReplyDelete